Start Map for 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour to be confirmed.
Once you’ve planned your route to the start, follow this procedure to access your start chute:
Please refer to the colour map in your race pack to see which colour gate to approach the start from (yellow, red and blue gates according to the colour of your start card).
The following will be checked
- OFFICIAL RACE NUMBER: worn low down on your back
- RACETEC CHIP (or Winning Time): worn on the ankle facing outwards or on a bike mount secured to front axle
- BICYCLE BOARD: cable tied to your front handle bars with the cable ties provided.
- HELMET: securely fastened under your chin
- START CARD: DO NOT HAND IN YOUR START CARD AT THE FIRST CHECK – keep it safe and hand in at the 2nd Check (when you enter your designated start chute)
EVENT PHOTOGRAPHER’S NUMBER: on handle bars and/or helmet (not compulsory)
If you do not have the 5 compulsory items you will not be allowed to enter the start area. You can replace any of these items at any of the info tents outside the start holding area.
- Here you will hand in your start card and be loaded into your Starting Chutes.
- Please refer to the map to make sure that you are familiar with the start layout, and which lane your start chute is in.
- Please refer to your start card for chute opening times.
- Allow riders that start ahead of your group to check in before you queue at the entrance of the chute.
REMEMBER: You may drop down from an earlier to a later start group if you want to ride with friends/family or with your charity group. However, the ONLY way to access the Nedbank or PPA Safe Cycling group is to wear the official group kit and by presenting the correct start card for these groups.
Click here to see the map.