Full Tummy Fund
Category: Education, Kids
The Full Tummy Fund is a programme of the Spur Foundation and the vehicle used to invest in educational development and nutritional programmes.
Although experts agree that the situation for South African children between the ages of 0 and six has improved since 1994, the early childhood development (ECD) sector still faces significant challenges, including institutional capacity – few well-trained ECD staff and little in the line of effective instruction programmes, infrastructure and facility gaps funding and poor nutrition.
Investing in early childhood development is known to be one of the most effective means of eradicating poverty. It is for this reason our developmental focus remains strongly on the first 2 000 days, with particular emphasis on early childhood development and nutrition for children from disadvantaged communities up to the age of six. We know that you can’t teach a hungry child, and during these first, formative years, the essential building blocks for brain and body development are laid.
100% of funds donated to the Full Tummy Fund will go directly to one of our deserving beneficiaries.
To join our charity team please contact us at email@example.com – Entries are limited!
R800 per cyclist / R1600 per tandem
We offer each team member the following:
- Guaranteed entry
- Group start time (earlier than Open Groups but only confirmed by organisers in February 2017). Cyclists who qualify for an earlier start time are still able to start in their seeded group or drop down and join the charity team
- Branded cycle top to wear proudly on race day
- Complimentary race photos taken by professional photographers on the day
- Access to the Spur Public Area at the race finish
- Complimentary Spur meal at the race finish
What we ask from each of our team members:
Each charity cyclist is asked to raise a minimum donation of R1 500.00 (excluding entry fee costs) between now and 10 March 2017.
*All donors (R100 or more) will receive a Section 18A Tax Certificate.
- The entry fee cost is stipulated by the race organisers
- Cyclists who are not able to participate or finish the race will still be held liable for their minimum donation
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!