George Whitefield College Cycling Team
As the training institute of REACH-SA, George Whitefield College seeks to be a premier reformed evangelical Anglican theological institution in and for Africa. To help us further this endeavour we are entering our second Cape Town Cycle Tour Team. GWC is immensely grateful to our 2016 team for their hard work in training and fundraising for us. Together the team of 12 raised over R50,000 towards Student Bursaries! We thank God for providing through their efforts.
We are happy to announce that we have been granted 10 Charity entries for 2017! We have invited our 2016 team, as well as our students and staff to cycle with us and as such we have 1 remaining entry. We hope you will consider joining us.
What does riding for the GWC team entail?
- Each cyclist is to provide or fundraise their entry fee of R800, AND fundraise/crowdfund a minimum of R1000 towards GWC, through your own network of friends/family. (This is not optional).
- Training with the team is optional but recommended.
- We cannot guarantee a race kit jersey, but will of course, do our best to try and have a cycling top sponsored again.
- You must provide your own bike.
- It is optional to ride with the team on the day. So if you have an earlier seeded time, and wish to start then, that’s fine!
- Lots of race-day support from the GWC family!
For those of you who have already entered the draw for an individual entry and accepted it, that is fine. You may still be “a part of our team” by training with and fundraising for us etc. You just won’t necessarily be able to start the ride with the team. (And the benefit for GWC is that we will have a larger team).
We prefer that all cyclists be warm to the college and passionate about our work. As then you will grasp the importance of the funds you are raising for your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ to study the word and train for ministry here at GWC.