Go for Gold – Education to Employment
An award-winning programme
Go for Gold’s Education to Employment model has been recognised both locally and internationally:-
- September 2015 – recognised in the UCT GSB’s Bertha Centre’s Education Innovator’s Review as innovative education programme (see attached);
- March 2015 – Silver Award winner in the inaugural Western Cape Ministerial Youth Excellence Awards.
- 2014 – awarded an Unashamedly Ethical award in the category of Education, in recognition of our commitment and work in education for the people in the Western Cape.
- 2013 – recognised in the McKinsey Centre for Government’s “Education to Employment” global report, as one of 100 initiatives from around the world, which are making the ‘education to employment’ model work. Go for Gold was the only African project to be mentioned in the report.
- 2005 – awarded an Impumelelo Gold Award for innovation in education.
Go for Gold is an award-winning ‘education-to-employment’ public-private initiative, founded in 1999. Go for Gold has a solid track record in enabling learners from some of South Africa’s poorest communities to transition from high school into a career as a professional graduate with a much-in-demand technical qualification.
Our four phase education-to-employment model, which has been recognised both locally and internationally, not only focuses on providing academic support, but places equal emphasis on developing beneficiaries into individuals with self-worth and a sense of personal responsibility, which are key to future success.
Funds raised from the 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour will afford more talented Grade 11 and 12’s to enter into Phase 1 (of 4) of the programme in Cape Town and Johannesburg. Help us help them get started on their professional journey!
Cost: R2000 per entry which includes:
- A branded Go for Gold cycling T-shirt
- A spot on the Go for Gold Cyclist Ambassador Team
- A goody bag
- Feel-good by cycling for Go for Gold in raising funds to skill talented youth, forge career paths in the built environment, help create graduates who will undoubtedly build the South African economy and create many more much-needed job opportunities for our country.
- Fame and fortune – our cameras will be ready!
- A Gold Medal!
- If you finish in the top 10, you will receive a leg massage from our Managing Director (lady).
Fundraising Challenge: Register yourself and fellow riders as Go for Gold Activist(s) on Go for Gold’s fundraising portal. All you have to do isSet your own fundraising target. eg. R1000, R2000, R5000, R100 000
- Send your Activist GivenGain link to your family and friends on email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc
- Ask your personal and professional network to donate an amount per kilometer.
- Challenge your company to better or match the amount of funding you fundraise yourself.
- You can also challenge your friends who did not buy entries from Go for Gold to be an Activist for Go for Gold.
GivenGain: All currencies are accepted with easy online payment methods, you do not handle any cash, funds will directly be paid into Go for Gold’s banking account.
Thank you for your support!