Lunchbox Theatre / Eden to Addo Collaboration
Category: Animals, Arts & Culture, Education, Environment
About Lunchbox Theatre (www.lunchbox.org.za)
Lunchbox Theatre (LBT) was registered as a registered Non-Profit Organization (062-454-NPO) in 2008. We are based in Plettenberg Bay in the Western Cape. We are Tax Exempt and have Public Benefit Organization status.
LBT believes very strongly in the power that interactive theatrical events have to educate, empower, enlighten and entertain. The focus on school based learners stems from the knowledge that our youth are our future and that their influences are an important gauge for where we are headed as a country. As our education system comes under increased pressure to cope with the challenges that it faces, LBT offers a vital aid through the engaging medium of live performance and interactive workshops.
Our work is two tiered:
- Educational Theatre shows in predominantly underprivileged school in the Western and Eastern Cape. To date we have performed over 500 shows to more than 100 000 children
- Performance skills workshops for dance and drama in underprivileged schools that help to develop valuable life skills for primary and high school learners.
Funds raised through Cape Town Cycle Tour:
Funds raised from our Charity Riders through the 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour will be used for the performances of our Eden to Addo Adventure Show (http://lunchbox.org.za/our-shows/the-great-eden-to-addo-adventure/) that raises awareness of our areas unique biodiversity and the importance of maintaining corridors for plants and animal to move between these key areas.
Our shows will be performed at primary schools with in the rural areas in which The Eden to Addo Corridor Initiative operates.
- We will ask our Charity Riders for an initial fee of R2000 per entry.
- This will include their race entry and a rider’s jersey with relevant branding.
- Each rider will then raise funds in their individual capacity through various fundraising sites (Back a Buddy, Givengain etc.).
- These funds will be used for the performances of the educational theatre shows.