MES Cape Town
Category: Social Services
MES Cape Town
Since 1986, we have been developing a unique strategy that addresses the development of the communities we serve. We follow a holistic approach towards the development of people, while applying resources that ensure the successful and sustainable exit from the different programmes.
Over the past eight years, MES Cape Town has been able to establish a very strong outreach, social relief and helpdesk component that serves the immediate and short-term needs of the homeless and unemployed community. The development of a Job Rehabilitation Programme that is supported by social work and occupational therapy services paved the way for the further expansion of vocational skills training and job placement.
We are also working hard towards contributing to our own income through the establishment of a social enterprise, LECA. At heart, LECA is providing a platform for income generation by growing herbs and is creating alternative job rehabilitation and skills development opportunities for our clients. To read more about MES, please visit our website.
Our core values are:
- Support and reach out with compassion, love and care
- Encourage and motivate through positive communication
- Treat others with respect and fairness irrespective of their religion, race, gender, age, cultural background or sexual orientation
- Accountable and responsible with clear strategy, roles and structure
- Apply sound corporate governance and financial procedures, as well as effective monitoring and evaluation processes
- Reflect and enhance integrity, transparency and effective leadership
- Practice Christian disciplines and create a servant and service culture
- Be a voice of righteousness for the disempowered
- Serve as integrated team with a common vision and goal
Cycle for MES for Only R1800.00 and get Guaranteed Entry!
You will receive:
- Entry into the Cape Town Cycle Tour
- 4 Tickets into the lucky draw for a bicycle
- Pair of cycling socks
- A buff
- Temporary tattoo