Substitution Procedure for South African residents only.
This procedure does not apply to group entrants.
How to submit a substitution entry:
From 1 February 2017, you will be able to enter online as a substitute entrant. You will then be charged the substitution fee of R290.
In order to substitute an entrant, you will need the following details of the person withdrawing:
- Date of birth
If you are withdrawing, you need to log into your Cape Town Cycle Tour Entry and click on the “Allow Substitution” button. This will release your entry for substitution. You may allow the substitution from 27 January 2017.
If you are the new entrant, taking the place of the rider withdrawing:
- Ensure that the rider withdrawing has released their entry, see procedure above.
- Log into the entry system between 1 and 24 February 2017.
- First enter your details, NOT the details of the person withdrawing.
- Select the correct category.
- Enter the details of the person withdrawing and select the relevant person’s record (based on their date of birth).
- Download a consent letter for the person withdrawing to complete. If you lose this letter, you can log in once your entry is saved and download the letter again.
- If you are entering as a tandem, you can enter your tandem partner at the same time as yourself if you have a cancellation for your tandem partner as well.
- If your tandem partner is already entered into the event, you can add their details to your consent letter so that we can link the two of you as a tandem entry.
- Pay the substitution fee of R290 per person by credit card. If you prefer to pay by cheque, you can select the option to “Pay later”. The next screen will give you the manual payment instructions. Please note that there is no option to pay by EFT.
- If you have paid online, the person withdrawing must complete the downloaded consent letter and then fax it to 086 595 2441 or email it to email@example.com. If you are paying by cheque, you must post the consent letter with your payment and this must reach us by the close of business on 24 February. Any payment received after 24 February will be rejected.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your substitution entry within 5 working days of receipt of the consent letter. You will be notified of your race number and start time by 3 March 2017.
- The entrant withdrawing will not be refunded his/her entry fee.
- The entrant withdrawing may ask for the substitute entrant to refund their entry fee but they may not ask for more than they originally paid. PPA members paid an entry fee of R480 and non-PPA members paid an entry fee of R510.
- The substitute participant will be issued a new number in the start group for which he/she qualifies.
- Should the substitute participant not have their own RaceTec chip, they will be required to purchase one.
- Entrants may NOT allow anyone else to use the race number allocated to them. If you do so, the participant will be disqualified and the entrant will be suspended from participating in future events. The race number is the organiser’s link to all the relevant contact details and medical information should you be involved in an accident. It is therefore vital that the information and person is matched correctly.
- Merchandise orders and chip purchases are not transferable.
This substitutions procedure DOES NOT apply to group entrants. Group entrants will need to contact their group administrator in order to facilitate a substitution.
Your race number will be available for collection at the counter corresponding with your start group at Registration at the Cape Town Cycle Tour Expo.
REGISTRATION & EXPO
Registration will take place at the Cape Town Stadium, Fritz Sonnenberg Road, Green Point, Cape Town on:
Thursday, 9 March: 09h30 – 19h00
Friday, 10 March: 09h00 – 19h00
Saturday, 11 March: 09h00 – 16h00
You will be required to present your RaceTec / Winning Time chip to gain a once-off free entry into the Cape Town Cycle Tour Expo. RaceTec chip collections and/or new chip purchases (R150) can be made at the RaceTec stand on the entrance ramp of the Expo.