All Cycle Tour participants are required to have a RaceTec chip. In addition to being linked to your personal profile, which we access to in case of a race day emergency, you are required to have a RaceTec Chip to (a) gain access to the Cape Town Cycle Tour Expo (race number collection) , (b) gain access to your Cycle Tour start chute and (c) receive a Cycle Tour result. Using your RaceTec chip is subject to our standard terms & conditions below.
- In addition to recording your time, your RaceTec chip also stores and provides us with real-time access to your personal information in the event of a race day emergency.
- Your RaceTec chip is linked to you for life and is therefore not transferable.
- You can buy a RaceTec chip at the registration or start line of any event we time, and online chip purchases can be collected at any RaceTec-timed event.
- Your chip can be collected at any event timed by RaceTec.
- Once a chip has been used, it is not transferable. If you find a RaceTec chip and want to see if it’s pre-owned, simply visit www.racetec.co.za, and enter the chip number (displayed on the chip) on the results page. If you are certain that there are no results, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a change ownership. You may also hand a lost chip to the RaceTec crew at any event.
- Wear the chip around your ankle or mounted to your wheel when you participate in any race timed by RaceTec to receive accurate race results. RaceTec will not be held liable for results if it was proven that a chip was incorrectly used or worn.
- Results will be publicly displayed on www.racetec.co.za but will not be handed to other parties without your personal consent.
- RaceTec and Cycle Events (divisions of RaceTec Event Technology (Pty) Ltd) will, however, use this data to seed you correctly into events where these two companies are contracted to provide a seeding solution.