The 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour Expo will take place at the Cape Town Stadium.
- No parking in and around the immediate vicinity of the Cape Town Stadium
- Where possible, please use public transport to get to the Expo
- Bring your RaceTec/Winning Time Chip to gain once-off entry into the Expo
- The Expo covers a distance of almost 1.5km so a comfortable pair of walking shoes is a must
- 9 March 2017, Cape Town Stadium, 9:30am – 7pm
- 10 March 2017, Cape Town Stadium, 9am – 7pm
- 11 March 2017, Cape Town Stadium, 9am – 4pm
- Disabled Parking – Disabled parking can be found at parking area P5 (opposite the Stadium) on Fritz Sonnenberg Road. Vehicles must show their disabled parking disc to gain access into Fritz Sonnenberg Road from Granger Bay Boulevard or via Vlei Road.
- ATMs – Please note: There are no ATMs within the Expo. However, there will be ATMs opposite the entrance on Fritz Sonnenberg Road.
- Toilets – There will be multiple toilet facilities for Expo visitors and these will be clearly marked around the Expo. There are lifts available for disabled individuals needing to use the bathrooms
- First Aid Area – For visitors who need medical attention, there is a First Aid area next to the Nashua Media and Management Centre in the Registration Area
The general admission fee for entry to the Cape Town Cycle Tour Expo is R50 per person (and kids under 12 enter free), for members of the general public who are not participating the Cape Town Cycle Tour/MTB Challenge.
2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour participants must bring their RaceTec/Winning Time chips to gain once-off free entry to the Expo. Please note the following important points:
- Your RaceTec/Winning Time chip will be scanned upon entry and allow you a single free entry.
- If you bought a RaceTec chip but haven’t received it yet, you will be able to collect it at the RaceTec stand situated on the right as you enter the tunnel.
- If you don’t own a RaceTec chip, or have lost yours, you must purchase another chip (R150) at the RaceTec stand. If you purchase it online beforehand, it will cost you R140.
- RaceTec chips are not for hire.
- You will be able to collect race packs for other riders provided that you bring at least one valid RaceTec/Winning Time chip. However, please ensure that the person on whose behalf you are collecting has a valid RaceTec chip as he/she will not be able to access the start area without one.
- If you have more than one RaceTec/Winning Time chip, you are NOT allowed to lend/share your extra chips. As all your chips are linked to your personal profile and only allow a single free Expo visit, additional users will be picked up at the scanning points and requested to pay the general admission fee.
- You will be required to scan your chip at the merchandise (online sales) counter to collect any souvenirs you have bought online.
If you have any questions about the Expo entry procedure, please contact the Cape Town Cycle Tour organisers at 087 820 7223 or email@example.com.
2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour participants RaceTec chips to gain once-off free entry to the Cape Town Cycle Tour Expo.
The general admission fee for members of the general public who are not participating in the Cape Town Cycle Tour / MTB Challenge is still to be confirmed. Kids under 12 enter free.
The Cape Town Cycle Tour Expo takes place at the Cape Town Stadium, therefore no parking will be available in and around the Stadium. Roads around the stadium will also be closed to ensure pedestrians are able to move safely to and from the Expo. When it comes to getting to the Expo, however, there are a number of transport options available for visitors.
Click here to see the map of how to get to the Expo.
Why not cycle to the Expo this year? Not only will you loosen your legs for the big day but you will also reduce your carbon footprint. There will be a safe and secure bike park, sponsored by Thule, at the Green Point Athletics Stadium where you can leave your bike in safe hands while getting your race pack and browsing the incredible range of vendors exhibiting their merchandise.
If you are planning on using your car and you have your bikes on the roof of your car or on a bike rack, we recommend you please bring it to the Thule Bike Park for safe keeping (instead of leaving it on your car) while you are at the Expo.
Please note that while the Bike Park is open for Registration, under no circumstances are bicycles allowed to remain in the Thule Bike Park outside of Registration hours or until Race Day.
MyCiti will be operating during the Registration period with the closest stations being the Cape Town Stadium Station and the Granger Bay Station – this is the T01 route. You can buy your MyCiti card for R30 from selected MyCiti station kiosks or participating retail stores. For more information regarding purchasing your MyCiti card as well as information about the MyCiti routes and times, please go to the MyCiti website: http://myciti.org.za.
Trains are a good way to travel into town! Metrorail schedules can be found at http://gometroapp.com/?transit+index.
If you are thinking of driving to the Cape Town Cycle Tour Expo, please note the following:
- Parking will be permitted along the surrounding OPEN roads in legal and designated parking bays including Somerset Road and Beach Road. Please obey all parking rules and regulations.
- For a fee, there is secure parking at The Lookout as well as at the V&A Waterfront.
- If you are parking in public places, please do not leave any bikes on the back of your car or valuables in sight of passers-by.
- Road closures around the stadium TBC.
The Cape Town Cycle Tour Expo is a great platform to showcase your products to a captive audience with an interest in cycling, fitness and a healthy lifestyle.
Each Cycle Tour participant visiting the Expo to collect their race pack will likely be accompanied by family and/or friends, which is why the Expo boasts a footfall of over 76 000 visitors each year.
As many visitors are still in “holiday” mode, general spending is liberal and all exhibitors – from cycle shops to biltong sellers, supplements, massages and everyone in between – benefit from being at the Expo, which presents a prime opportunity to grow brand awareness and introduce any new products and/or technology. Click here for more information or to book your stand.
The Momentum Wellness Centre will be located in the Registration area. Medical staff will do a quick Wellness Screening on willing Cycle Tour participants whereby lancets are used for finger-prick testing to provide key metrics to one’s health and may point to areas of improvement.
However, please note that while this service is available to all Cycle Tour participants, all Multiply members will earn Multiply points for completing their Wellness Assessment. Furthermore, for Momentum Health members, the Wellness Assessment is the first step towards earning Health Returns for Momentum.