The following official 2017 Premier Seeding Events results will be used for the 2018 Cape Town Cycle Tour.
|Event Date||Event Name||Distance||Type||Province||Website|
|28-Jan||The Value Logistics Fast One||97km||Road||Gauteng||www.thefastone.org|
|04-Feb||Bestmed Berge en Dale Road Championship||102km||Road||Gauteng||www.asgevents.co.za|
|11-Feb||99er Cycle Tour||102km||Road||Western Cape||www.99er.co.za|
|19-Feb||Dis-chem Ride for Sight||116km||Road||Gauteng||www.cycleevents.co.za|
|26-Feb||The Herald VW Cycle Tour||106km||Road||Eastern Cape||www.heraldcycletour.co.za|
|26-Feb||Tour de PPA||110km||Road||Western Cape||www.pedalpower.org.za|
|05-Mar||Cape Town Cycle Tour MTB Challenge||55km||MTB||Western Cape||www.capetowncycletour.com|
|12-Mar||Cape Town Cycle Tour||109km||Road||Western Cape||www.capetowncycletour.com|
|23-Apr||Emperor’s Palace Road Classic||98km||Road||Gauteng||www.asgevents.co.za|
|30-Apr||aQuelle Tour Durban||100km||Road||KZN||www.tourdurban.co.za|
|15-Jul||Bestmed Jock Classique||154km||Road||Mpumalanga||www.asgevents.co.za|
|20-Aug||Bestmed Cycle4Cansa Championship||103km||Road||North West||www.asgevents.co.za|
|27-Aug||Daily Dispatch Cycle Tour||102km||Road||Eastern Cape||www.dispatchcycletour.co.za|
|10-Sep||Rand Water Race for Victory||150km; 110km||Road||Gauteng||www.raceforvictory.co.za|
|24-Sep||Pennypinchers Lions Karoo to Coast||100km||Road||Southern Cape||www.karootocoast.com|
|01-Oct||Pennypinchers Cycle Tour||104km||Road||Southern Cape||www.cycleevents.co.za|
|21-Oct||Bestmed Satellite Cycle Classic||106km||Road||Gauteng||www.asgevents.co.za|
|22-Oct||Tsogo Sun Amashova Durban Classic||106km||Road||KZN||www.shova.co.za|
|22-Oct||PPA One Tonner 2017||170km; 109km||Road||Western Cape||www.pedalpower.org.za|
|28-Oct||Durbie Dash||90km||Road||Western Cape||www.durbiedash.co.za|
|29-Oct||Carnival City Macsteel National Classic Cycle Race||103km; 125km||Road||Gauteng||www.germistonclassic.co.za|
|29-Oct||Carnival City Macsteel National Classic MTB||60km||MTB||Gauteng||www.germistonclassic.co.za|
|5-Nov||Mangaung Cycle Tour||105km||Road||Free State||www.pedalpower.org.za|
|5-Nov||Wilro Lions Cycle Challenge||114km||Road||Gauteng||www.cycleevents.co.za|
|12-Nov||Telkom 947 MTB Challenge||55km||MTB||Gauteng||www.cyclechallenge.co.za|
|19-Nov||Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge||94.7km||Road||Gauteng||www.cyclechallenge.co.za|
|TBC||Medihelp Stellenbosch Cycle Tour||97km||Road||Western Cape||www.stellenboschcycletour.co.za|
Seeding is the process used to determine the start time per entrant. Its purpose is to group cyclists together in bunches of equal ability, thereby reducing the need for overtaking and the risk of accidents or bottlenecks at any point on the route.
How seeding is done
- Using available results for events timed by RaceTec, a seeding index is calculated per person.
- This offers an indication of the person’s ability relative to other entrants.
- An index of “0” means you are of the same ability as the winner, while a “100” index means we expect you to do roughly double the time of the winner.
- Everyone with an index between 0 and approximately 100 is seeded into one of the seeded groups with riders of equal ability.
Your best result in Cycle Tour seeding events, or the average of your best three other results (if better), is used to determine your seeding.
- These events may carry a penalty if it does not meet certain criteria, i.e. distance or total acsent.
- We make concessions for certain special groups by giving them a start in the last few seeded batches. These may include people who have completed more than a certain number of Cycle Tours or seeding events, people over 70 years of age, and international riders.
- Next are the charity or corporate groups that did not qualify as seeded groups, and then the PPA members.