2022 Media Accreditation
Due to the overwhelming number of applications for media accreditation in recent years, we’ve had to implement more stringent controls in order for it to run smoothly.
Before applying for media accreditation for the Cape Town Cycle Tour, please carefully read through the information outlined below.
- Media accreditation is not guaranteed. Due to the overwhelming national and international media interest over the past few years, accreditation will only be awarded to those journalists from recognised media houses that can guarantee relevant event publicity. If you are a freelancer, we require a letter from a recognised media house confirming that you have been commissioned to write an article / produce a broadcast insert and providing details of the piece.
- Only accredited press photographers will be granted media accreditation and photographers may only take pictures for use in their own publication. Under no circumstances may photographs taken at the Cape Town Cycle Tour be sold.
- Only pre-approved photographers or journalists will gain motorbike access to the route whilst the elite cyclists are racing. This is non-negotiable. • No photographers or journalists will be allowed on the route with their own car or motorbike.
- Please note that the Cycle Tour Media Office can supply visuals of the Cape Town Cycle Tour free of charge and are happy to do so. Exclusive use of images can be negotiated in consultation with the Media Office.
- Media accreditation will allow you access to the Media Centre, where you can:
- Access an accredited, rotational motorcycle (to be arranged with the Cycle Tour Media Office prior to Race Day) to take you on the route at specific intervals, and on a first come first served basis;
- Look up the names of riders you may have photographed on the route on one of our laptops loaded with a look-up facility.
- Receive race results, hot off the press;
- Conduct interviews in a sound-proof booth.
- All Media will be subject to the same COVID-19 protocols as participants.
- Accreditation can only be collected from the Media Centre at the Cape Town Cycle Tour Registration that will take place in the Cape Town Stadium from 10 March – 12 March.
Please complete the media accreditation form. Clearly indicate for which events you wish to apply for accreditation.